Friday 28 December 2012

David Villa - Will It Happen?

I don't care that David Villa rhymes with Aston Villa, serial killer, chincilla or a tub of ice-cream flavoured like vanilla.

I love him. Like a brother. Always have, always will.

And if there is a smidgen, even just a smidgen, of hope that we can sign him, I hope Arsene Wenger goes all out to do so.

If people complain about his age (Villa has just turned 31) then they have no right to whinge when Arsene signs another teenager do they?

David Villa is exactly what we need. Experienced, classy and a born winner. He can play anywhere across the front-line and I think an arrival like him would be a massive Cadburys boost for the whole club.

There are some players who's career you follow. Villa is someone who I have followed since his days at Real Zaragoza. Not like a stalker, just watching from afar. I mean I've never sent him a valentines day card or anything.

Now I know he has suffered a bad injury (broken leg) in recent times but Villa is no injury crock. Abou Diaby's place in the treatment room is safe.

Along with David Villa we are being linked with every Tom, Dick and Harry. Namely Demba Ba.

I won't moan if Ba comes in, but I wouldn't be overly excited. Especially since its seems we're after either Ba or Villa and for me the Spaniard would win that race every time.

Maybe I am blinded a little but I honestly think Villa is a genuine world-class player and that Ba is a decent Premier League player. So I know who I want.

In the past Wenger has had a transfer policy of not signing anyone over the age of 12. In more recent times he has relaxed this a little and maybe there is substance in the Villa rumours.

I hope so, because in my opinion Villa would hit the ground running.

Yes, David hasn't played in the 'intensity' of the Premier League before but he plays for Barcelona. And I don't know a team out there who play with their intensity or desire to win the ball back.

He would be fine for Arsenal.

Follow me on Twitter @_Wrighty7

Keep It Goonerish.......
 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently Arda Turan shoud be coming either in Jan or Summer, hopefully you all know who he is if notyoutube he is brilliant. Also apparently (don't know if he is signing for us) Burak Yilmak is in London but i don't know how true it is but he is a decent striker but people might not think so because he plays for a poorer league at present but i would say you have to be pretty decent to be scoring 30+ goals a season in a professional league anywhere but might not be signing for us hate it if he signs for the spuds though because he could be a useful player and it likely wont be chelsea because we all know how they like their star names.

Anonymous said...

I hope we don't sign him, he's not the answer to any of our problems.

Anonymous said...

Uh. You know Villa is pronounced VEE-YAH, right? Sorry to call this out, but it is silly if you don't know how to pronounce such a well known player's name.

Anonymous said...

No chance for Villa. As if Wenger would make a 31 year old Arsenal's biggest signing! Hope we dont sign Arda Turan. He is NOT brilliant as someone else said, but a very average player and not what we need who is no longer wanted by his club. Don't rate Turkish players in the Prem, they have all been invisible when they have played here. Sahin was supposedly the best player in the turkish league - dumped by Madrid, insignificant at Liverpool. The only decent turks are the ones that are educated (and play for) Germany, like Ozil.

Maverick said...

anon 15:30,

it was me that mentioned Arda Turan, and let me tell you why what you say has no credance at all...........you know that striker everyone wants Falcao who is giving all the ammo for him to fire in the goal........TURAN!! The guy is one of the most under-rated players in la liga he is very creative and his skills and trickery are on a par if not better than Rosicky before he was injured, anyone that assists Falcao so damn much (sure Falcao has the quality to score out of nothing) is pretty much worth a punt on in my opinion!!

Anonymous said...

Whatever it is that Wenger is on about? He says Ba is not on and then we hear the boss has £70m. What does he want? If he does'nt strengthen in this January I will be enormously disappointed.

Anonymous said...

I like you am a huge Villa fan. I think this is what we need. AT least on loan for now. Experience, leadership, honest player.... we need a small crafty striker who has good foot speed and skills. Fat Giroud is more a target man, and this is not the style we play.

Neil B said...

Wrighty my ol mate, i would rather take villa on loan for the rest of the season with the option to buy at the end so we can see if he fits in or not. I think we do need a permanent signing though, whilst city and chelsea are fighting over falcoa I think we should nip in and get cavani.

Italian Villas for Rent said...

I just want to say that It is really informative post especially for me thanks for all the effort which you did for us.

sube said...

I would like Turan rather than Villa at Arsenal.
To be frank, I thought we would get Holtby! He is a good player alright.

Anonymous said...

I am extremely inspired together with your [url=http://www.longchampsacpliage-fr.com/sac-%C3%A0-%C3%A9paule-pliage-longchamp-c-5.html]Sac à épaule Pliage Longchamp[/url] writing talents and also with the structure to your blog. Sac à Dos Pliage Longchamp [url=http://www.longchampsacpliage-fr.com/sac-%C3%A0-%C3%A9paule-pliage-longchamp-c-5.html]Sac à épaule Pliage Longchamp[/url] , Is this a paid subject matter or did you modify it your self? Anyway keep up the excellent high quality writing, it is uncommon to see a great weblog like this one today..

Anonymous said...

No added time expended on the fitness center, no back discomfort because of to a number
of crunches or other stomach exercise routines and no
far a lot more sweaty exercises just to assure that your abs seem fantastic.


Here is my site The Flex Belt Review