Tuesday 11 November 2014

What Have We Become?

Let's have it right, things ain't great with Arsenal at the moment.

In fact it's a horrible time to be a Gooner. 

Losing is part and parcel of supporting a football club. I'm 31 years and 12 months old so I've seen quite a few defeats in my time.

I can take losing. Sure, it hurts for a while. It can drive me absolutely mental but I can take it on the chin.

The worst thing for me though, at the exact time I am typing this, is the split between Arsenal fans. 

That hurts.

Of course supporters won't always get on. That's inevitable with so many different opinions.

But the amount of abuse I see Gooners throw at each other whether it be on the terraces or social media is scarier than the sight of Piers Morgan naked.

It's almost as if nobody can just have a debate these days without resorting to name-calling or just being a complete thunderbastard to someone. 

I recently had a little break from Twitter because I swear I was losing the plot with some of the hatred spouted all over the gaff. 

Talking to a pal of mine recently, who happens to be a Spurs fan, really opened my eyes.

He said he found it really funny how some Arsenal fans are acting at the minute. Not because any of us are comedians but because of how we bicker among one another.

I found that embarrassing coming from a Spurs fan because I used to laugh my tits off at them lot doing it all the time.

I never believed I would see a set of fans more fickle than lot from down the road but let me tell you I don't think we are far off them now.

Winning the FA Cup, just 6 months ago, I believed would put a lot of this to bed. Instead I feel like the split has intensified more since.

I can understand the frustration at the moment. Believe me, I get frustrated too. But the way we are behaving at the minute is not normal.

I go on Twitter because I enjoy interacting with fellow Gooners, people who supposedly support Arsenal like me.   

I've met some great people on there. But I'm starting to not enjoy it so much anymore. 

The constant arguing and bickering is becoming vicious.

I genuinely thought that lifting the FA Cup would help unite the gap between Arsenal fans. Because it was all about winning silverware. 

But I don't know what it is and what can be done to get Arsenal fans to stop this bullshit and just support the club like they used too. 

It's not nice.

Follow me on Twitter @_Wrighty7

Keep It Goonerish...... 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, 31 years and 12 months.
The split is all about the manager and will continue to widen up until he's gone, Then some will find something else to moan about because it's an ingrained habit.
In any group of Gooners down the pub you'll have the ones who prefer to be positive and the ones who like to be negative. Fever Pitch illustrates this quite clearly.
What the internet and blogging has done is polarise these two approaches to supporting a team. Add in a manager who's been around since Noah was a lad and whose first half tenure completely overshadows his second half and you have one massive incendiary device waiting to blow.
Blogs also need hits to survive to satisfy advertisers and we all know hits rise when there are bad results and subsequent criticism. Criticism becomes a modus operandi and we're all f^cked.

Anonymous said...

So true

Soccer prediction game said...

Game for Arsenal fans.

Leonie Daecher said...

How to make progress in playing mecca free slots in 2018 | The full guide to online gambling. Click this link to get more details.