Monday 27 June 2011

Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

The words 'You never know what you have got until it's gone' couldn't be truer.

I don't use these words for a bereavement, nor do I use them for Samir Nasri's loyalty.

I use them for T'internet.

To not be able to go on online after several years being able to do to so was a shock to the system.

In fact, I'd argue I suffered more of a shock than Ted Bundy did in 1989.

The only positive in this horrible episode was that my sanity remained because I wasn't able to access Arsenal News Now.

Usually I scour this very useful source for Arsenal information at least once every 30 seconds.

My missus does her nut over this. Especially when I'm in the middle of 'business'.

However when I looked today at News Now, for the first time since forever, I was amazed.

I was amazed because its the same news that I saw the last time I looked at the site.

At the moment Arsenal news is slooooooooow, very frustrating and more regurgitated than a chicks dinner.

Some of us are looking enviously at Man Utd getting their transfer act together and finished early doors whilst Arsenal drag theirs on.

But then I think of the 'others'.

Man City and Chelsea aren't doing much either and I honestly thought that City would have bought Pele, Maradona and a family bucket from KFC by now and that Chelsea would have sacked their new manager.

So while the news is repeated that Cesc Fabregas is 'about to join Barca' for the 124353th time, and that Arsenal are 'about to sign unknown Argentinian', surely it can't get any worse right?

The only way is up!

We all know that Arsene Wenger is looking to strengthen the squad and it will happen because it has to.

Don't lose your sanity like Britney Spears with an umbrella. Be a little more patient because I think we will surprised with who comes in.

I can feel it in my bones.

Keep It Goonerish......

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do crack me up

kizito said...

Arsenal new now sucks today......! but how about the latest Cahil, and Mata thing? any water in that??

True gooner, Ian!
Love from Uganda!

Anonymous said...

Nasri who....?? Ahh I see, that guy..let him rot with the reserves..

Kev-G-Man said...

I hope your right, i'm getting Sooooo Pi**ed off with the same old cr*p on the web circulating around & around & around & around, for gods sake Arsene BUY some bugger, before it's to late again.

Wrighty7 said...

I think we defo enquired about Cahill. The price is an issue though, £17m is lot to pay for someone with a year left on their contract.

Mata has been linked with us for a long time. I would love it to happen but I wouldn't hold my breath on it!

Kev-G-Man said...

Dont wanna see ya turm BLUE

Anonymous said...

"In fact, I'd argue I suffered more of a shock than Ted Bundy did in 1989."

Classic sir wrighty

Kev-G-Man said...

What is going on with that Away Shit (sorry) Shirt !!!!!!!!!!!!

kizito said...

I wonder if we will ever buy any one this summer, De Gea is under going medical, Jones and Young already clinched by the Devils! And we have a 1mil kid who i dont know where he will play.............How much time does Arsene need????? Does he have the money any way??

Thanks Ian!

Pritpal said...

think the ricky alveraz transfer will go through next week when the window opens, i'd like cahill too but as you said the price is absurd, 17m for a guy in the final year of his contract an no european experience aswell as limited international caps... english players are so overrated. no wonder our nation never wins everything, we always hype our players to make them seem better than they actually are.

kizito said...

Oh and Nasri should be benched! Fab should go....get in Mata, Gervinho, Alvarez, Samba, Cahil( for 12m).....

Big Dane out, Denilson out, Eboue, Squilach, Almunia, AK47 should stay, and R7 should stay as well!

Anonymous said...

Yeah let Nasri rot in the reserves then see him walk into Sir Alex's office in Jan to sign a pre contract.Some fans went to the brain shop and it was closed

Anonymous said...

Wenger will NEVER spend the sort of money that will help bring us success. We live in a world of Denilson et al. I have no confidence for the season ahead. We will be lucky to get a Europa league spot. We were in free fall before the end of the season dont forget!

Jekyll said...

Very hard to see how the squad is going to be strengthened. Two of our best players are continually linked with leaving and the strongest rumours of incoming are from South American and, once again, the French league. Far from the PL experienced players everyone knows we need to stop folding like wet cardboard every spring. And meantime the deadwood remain in the squad.

Getting 4th will be harder this year, looking beyond that is just unrealistic now. Indeed if it all carries on as it's been thus far in the transfer window even 4th may be unrealistic.

Anonymous said...

Cahill is in talks with Spurs

Catch up

Anonymous said...

Both Fabregas & Nasri should be kept for another year, even if Nas has to go on a free.
Not only are they 2 of the (only) 3 genuinely creative players we have, but the importance for the likes of Wilshere, Ramsey & Landsbury, playing with them is immeasurable for their development.

Anonymous said...

I think you meant 124353rd

Willeee! said...

Don't fret gooners. Enjoy the rest of the summer and on the first day of the season, after a couple of beers with your mates, go to the game and see who runs out in the new 125 anniversary kit.
My guess for the team against Newcastle-
Szyzney, Gibbs, Vermalean , Djorou, Sagna, Wilshere, Song, Ramsey, Walcott, RVP, Arshavin.

Worried? I'm not

hmc said...

and the bench against newcastle will be: benzema, mata, alveraz, gevinho,samba,cahil,jagielka and last but not the least barton... now am worried !!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, getting that "trophy" for finishing fourth is going to be harder.Interesting that no-one wants to buy any of our deadwood players.Tells you something.
Why hasn't our all-wise manager shown REAL INTENT from the start,and paid whatever it takes to get the required quality that we desperately need ? But then, if finishing in the top 4 is the limit of our ambition, there's no hurry to sign anyone, is there ?
Good one, Arsene.
"In Arsene we rust."

Anonymous said...

From what I understand. This morning on Catalan radio, Fabregas has been to see the Barca medic??
Didn't get too much more of the story as I don't speak that much Catala.

Anonymous said...

looks like we are losing big time next season ...starting with the emirates cup!