Tuesday 28 February 2012

I Can't See This Lukas Podolski Story Being True

There are 'reports' coming from Germany that Lukas Podolski has agreed personal terms with Arsenal and will join in the summer.

A German newspaper called Bild revealed the story but I don't know if this paper is Germany's equivalent of The Sun so I'd take the story with a pinch of salt at the moment.

In fact, I'd say there was as much truth in this story as when Harry Redknapp said he always paid his taxes under oath. Triffic. 

So how on earth Podolski has agreed terms with Arsenal before the Gunners have actually done a deal with his club, FC Koln, then is beyond me.

Then again Cesc Fabregas signed about 34 contracts with FC Barcelona before eventually Arsenal released him from his kidnapping and actually let him join the mugs.

I doubt very much that Podolski has agreed a deal with Arsenal, although I'd love him too. In fact I'd drive to Germany right now in what I am wearing (pants) to bring him to the Emirates.

This is more likely a ploy by his agent to drum up more interest in Lukas or for his club FC Koln to lay down some more Euro's on the table.

I've always been very coy (COYS, ahem 5-2) about stories like this. Unless its on a Bosman, people saying players have signed a deal before the clubs have agreed a fee always brings out my suspicious side.

I haven't got too excited by this 'revelation' just yet. Until its signed, sealed, delivered and the story is covered by the Daily Sport, or Caught Offside, I don't believe anything. 

And I don't believe anything written in German because I can't read it. 

Follow me on Twitter @_Wrighty7

Keep It Goonerish.........

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bang on Wrighty. It's bollocks

Anonymous said...

Total bollocks! Spot on again Wroghty!

Anonymous said...

I know for a fact this Paper is damn reliable. Knew first about Babbel moving from Berlin. First for Reus and Shaqiri deals. Last but not least not only Bild is reporting it. The Kolner Express as well. Nothing signed yet but it looks like a done deal

Anonymous said...

He's in his last year of a contract so technically he can discuss terms with other clubs right? Or am I wrong :s lol pretty sure if your in last 6 months you can discuss and sign a pre-contract agreement ?

davi said...

Is he in his last 6months, or last 18months. I thought it was the last 18months, like RPV

Anonymous said...

No I'm pretty sure its last 12 to 6 months maybe ill have to check up but either way he can agree to personal deals and koln will have to either agree some dollar or lose him for sweet fa

Anonymous said...

This story appears to be gaining momentum, I'm beginning to think there's no smoke without fire. I'll believe it when I see it, and I hope he's not a RVP replacement!

Anonymous said...

I'm from Germany and Bild is pretty much the german equivalent to The Sun. So basically most of their storys are infact bs. Nonetheless i hope their right this time, i'd love Poldi at Arsenal.

Danish Gooner said...

He is coming,all the scandinavian newspapers are full of the same stories Prinz Poldi for Arsenal

Anonymous said...

I'll believe it when I see him in an Arsenal top, so much spin comes out about Arsenal and with the way Wenger flaps about with transfer, he's not the quickest off the mark when it comes to signings

Johnny said...

I'd put a bet on it at even money, however I fear that RVP will be off in the summer.

Anonymous said...

You CAN agree to personell terms this generally means salary before your club lets you go, its how its done the club will allow you to talk to there player provided you approach them first otherwise its called tapping, once interest is shown the player himself can freely talk to arsenal and agree terms however the current club has full right to keep him or sell him (thats when arsenal must stump up the transfer fee).

Anonymous said...

i agree it is funny we being linked to a player in march when we do our business in august

Anonymous said...

Greedy agent talk!!

They had a bad year last year so just making up for it!

Anonymous said...

As long as he is cheap and wants no more than 50p a week the deal can be done....

With our centre back problems I'd rather we looked at Vertonghen and let him unite with Tommy V.

Papers say he is a yid target.