Monday 30 March 2009

Eduardo reminds me of Robbie Fowler, back him to be Premiership top scorer NEXT season

If you are like me and are partial to the odd flutter down the bookies then you might want to take my advice. Or you may not. It's up to you. I'm not forcing you.

I'm going to the bookies and I'm going to ask Tracy in William Hill what the odds are for Eduardo being the Premiership's top-scorer NEXT season. I think he is fully capable of producing the goods

Since the Premiership began there have been plenty of goal-scorers to admire. Arsenal have our very own Ian Wright, a legend and my hero until recently (Sorry Joppa) and Thierry Henry, a man who doubted his own ability to score goals but who now sits proudly as our greatest scorer in the history of the club.

A player who didn't grace the red and white of Arsenal but who seemed to love scoring against us was Robbie Fowler. I'd argue that he was the most natural finisher to play in the Premier League since it began. He could have gone on to greater things had he not suffered from injuries.

Eduardo reminds me of Robbie Fowler. He is colder than cool in front of goal and I'm surprised if he misses a chance when given the opportunity.

He has proved what character he has by coming back from a career threatening injury so soon. Had Eduardo not suffered that injury I wouldn't mind shouting from the roof-tops that he would be amongst the top-scorers in the Premiership this season.

This may sound premature but I believe he will come back a better player than before. He will benefit from playing the rest of this season and after a pre-season under his belt will be very strong for next season.

I fully expect Eduardo to be become a fixture in the first-team over the coming years. In my opinion he fully deserves it.

People will say that I'm putting a lot of pressure on the man but I don't think Eduardo knows the meaning of the word.

A fully fit Eduardo, given chances by Fabregas, Walcott, Rosicky, Arshavin, RVP, Nasri, Vela. I think the rest of the Premiership better look out! So had the bookies!

Keep it Goonerish..............

19 comments:

avenell said...

Oi oi wrighty.. The only problem with Eduardo is he lacks the presence that players like Ade and Bendtner have.. he goes missing for periods in games...

Patman said...

real talk. I was going to put the same bet on for next season. I see no reason why eddy won't deliver the goods.

Anonymous said...

i compeletely agree with you!! in home games with the amount of chances we create he will grab a brace every game...and the way we play on the counter attack away from home he will be the man to put the chances away that the likes of arshavin and theo will lay across the six yard box for him to tuck away!!

Wrighty7 said...

Hello there Ave,

He may lack presence but I think he is the most natural finisher at Arsenal, if not the Premiership.

Lump on mate! You know it makes sense! LOL

How the devil are you?

Wrighty7 said...

Patman,

If you find out the odds let me know!

I'll ask Tracy at William Hill as well!

avenell said...

What with him and Andry AK47 Arshavin we will rule the world..

A bit of raifs teminology there.. lol..

all good Wrighty.. you dissapeared last night.. ;)

JonJon said...

hey there wrighty....

great minds and all....

its a wager im having myself mate....

avenell said...

jonjon you slag lol..

Anonymous said...

Not only is he a natural finisher but he is also one of the few players we have got who will get into the box, when a cross is likely to come over. Most teams score a lot of their goals by strikers getting on the end of balls into the box. We seem to have spurned that route since Pires and Henry left but Eduardo can give us that back. Eduardo is a terrific player.

Unknown said...

Ruud Van Nistelrooy is a similar type of player. Leathal finisher and a true striker.
He sometimes disappears in games, but he always fills his quota of goals.

Joppa Road said...

Its def a fair shout for next season and a good bet. I agree with the comment on presence though. Having said that he just needs a long run in the team. If you look at it this season, no striker has really set the prem alight.

Whether he would be 1st choice striker is another issue. I feel Ade and RVP are still 1st choice if fit. He wasn't first choice when he got injured last year.

When you mention Wright and Henry you just realise how great they were.

Jamesgillesp said...

Hey Wrighty.

He is very good - i would love it if he was top scorer next season - often unexpected things happen - who would have put ade to be top scorer last season!?

Anonymous said...

who care he lack presence when u got fabregas, nasri, arshavin and walcott to feed u with quality chances. eduardo only need to be there to finish it. i'm sure he took most his chances unlike the rest of our striker. so good luck for him.

aqqe said...

I feel that Eduardo's talent is overlooked by most, seeing as it's basically just us Arsenal fans that have gotten a chance to study him closely.

It's a good point though. It's simple logic really; we create the most goal scoring opportunities in the prem - a team with Cesc, Nasri, Arshavin, Rosicky and Theo playing always will - so when our best finisher is fit and ready he will score. Like someone already commented, he'll probably get a brace every home game!

Now he does goes missing in games but that's part of his game, and part of what makes him so dangerous. But, partner him with someone like Adebayor or the improving Bendnter who has the physical presence and makes the lives of defenders difficult, and that problem will be solved.

I've said it before but it's worth saying again: I think Arsenal will win the PL next year. We could probably do with another central midfield player merely for rotational purposes (who wouldn't want another player in the squad right about now, seeing as the schedule is insane this late on in the season?), because at the rate Denilson and Song are developing we might not need reinforcments because of a lack in quality.

The future is undoubtedly looking bright.

Anonymous said...

He may be missing for 99.9% of the game.If he scores with 0.1 of the game left,who is to argue.

Anonymous said...

I dont even think he goes missing as much as you make it out... he has excellent vision, he sets up goals too, his link play is really good.

I just think that because he has been out for so long people forget what he did pre-Birmingham.

Remember he has only played 2 games this season! the FA Cup has been his pre-season friendlies, lol... and the little f**er has scored 3 goals!! lol, I mean little f*** with a lot of affection btw, I love Eduardo, what a role-model! :)

Anonymous said...

hey joppa, i hope ur not angry bcoz iv named my horse Joppa Road(horses with names starting with J are very lucky)! Anyway im sure my horse will win lots of titles for me!

Vertino Aleci said...

We need him to start playing regularly without getting injured after a game or so first!

But I see what you mean, scoring comes naturally to him. I want to see him scoring in bigger games.

Anonymous said...

Wrighty,
you won't remember him,but Eddie is like jimmy greaves another left footer..KELSEY