Wednesday 16 January 2008

DIARRA THE DIV!!!

Well it looks like Diarra's on his toes again to join Pompey. It's on Sky Sports news that he has completed a medical and agreed personal terms. The fee is believed to be around the £5 million mark, not bad a profit I suppose after signing him from Chelski for £2 million!

It's frustrated me that he has chosen this path for his career. I can understand his frustration at not being an Arsenal regular and not getting many games, but I really do believe he would have played an important part in Arsenal's season. I dont think he realise's how close he was to getting a place in the Arsenal line up. He the next centre midfielder that Wenger would have selected had Cesc or the Flamster would have been rested or injured. All he needed is a little patience, and I'm sure that he would have found himself playing more often. He has got so much potential, he could develope into a very good player. Under Wengers guidence, who knows what he could have achieved?

It seem's that he was more concerned about playing for France than his club side. I think he see's the Euro's coming up and has panicked into making a move. I mean don't get me wrong Pompey are a good club with great fans, but they wont be challenging for honours! He will do well at Portsmouth, but wont achieve much. I believe he will rue this transfer, like most players do when leaving Arsenal.

I'd have thought maybe loaning him out for the remainder of the season may have been an option. It would'nt have been ideal for Arsenal, but he'd still be an Arsenal player and we could have him for next season with a fresh start. It hasn't happened like that and he is gone. A shame because he had great potential but that's football!

I suppose him leaving wont affect us too much, he hasn't played many games and he hasn't endeared himself to the fans! I only hope that him leaving wont affect his best mate Diaby's place at the club. All I can say Lassana is that YOU ARE A DIV!

Keep it Goonerish.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Wenger is going to rue letting this gem go. Now, he has no choice to re-sign Flam, for whatever he asks for.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Lassana Diarra is a MUPPET. I wouldn't even worry about a waste of space like him. Believe me, his career is fucked NOW. And i'm glad.

Wrighty7 said...

I agree about Flamini Goons_with_Guns. He has a trump card now in talks about a contract. He will know how vital and how important he is to the Arsenal midfield following the DIV'S exit.

Wrighty7 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wrighty7 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wrighty7 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

EASY DOES IT!

YOU CAN’T BLAME DIARRA FOR DUCKING OUT, EURO 2008 AROUND THE CORNER AND WARMING THE ARSENAL BENCH IS NOT GONNA GET HIM PICKED, WE SHOULD HAV SENT HIM ON LOAN……..AS THIS BOY WILL MOVE ON FROM POMPEY TO BIGGA TINGS….NO DOUBT

WHAT IF FLAMINI LEAVES, DOH!

TIMMY!