Monday 3 March 2008

Are Arsenal in a title race or are they out of the title race? You tell me....

The title of this post even looks stupid to me and I'm writing the thing! The question that I would like to put to everyone reading this is,

Are Arsenal involved in the title race or are they out of it?!!

The reason I'm writing this is because of a drunken rant/argument/quarrel/disagreement between me and a pal last night that went on for about an hour and my poor other mate was just sat for the most part in silence for the duration, every now and then chipping in his opinion and agreeing with me!

My friends view basically is on the fact that he thinks Arsenal have blown it and that won't even finish in the top two. By all account's we are finished and ManUSA and Chelski will finish above us. In his simple mind Arsenal are now out of the title race and can kiss goodbye to the Premiership.

His other view is that we are over because we have an ego-maniac as a captain. He hates Gallas as much as I hate Robbie Keane at Spuds (By the way, my mate is a Spud!) In his eye's Gallas shouldn't have been made captain after the way that he spoke of Arsenal in the summer, basically saying he mugged us off. He also added that only Gallas would demand the number ten shirt because he is the best!!

Well my friend, Gallas was offered the number ten shirt because if a striker wore it next they would be compared to the legend that is Dennis Bergkamp. By giving Gallas the shirt, it meant no comparisons could be made as Gallas is a defender and Bergkamp was a striker therefore no pressure on him wearing it.

As for you saying that Arsenal are no longer in the title race, go see a shrink!!! The last time that I checked the league table Arsenal were top. Where are Tottenham? I admit that Arsenal are going through a bad patch at the moment and that this is the worst possible time for it, but the fact that we are top of the league with ten games to go surely means that we're in a title race!!!

The simple fact is that the title is in Arsenal's hands. It's ours to throw away. If we win every game that we have remaining this season we are Champions. There will be many twists and turns left in the run-in, and plenty of surprises. I'm not saying that we are guaranteed to be champions, but we are in the title race mate!!

I understand that you have never seen your team in race for the title, and have never felt that excitement but don't take it out on me and my club. Your club won a trophy last week and I congratulate you for that. You definitely deserved it. But don't spit your jealousy at me pal. I'm lucky that I was handed a chance to support my club, you drew the short straw.

But I ask anyone who reads this.....

Are Arsenal in a title race or not?...........

Keep it Goonerish........

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arsenal are most definatley in the title race. What was your mate drinking "Thick as shit juice"?

I think the fact that he supports Tottenham says it all really.

Kinda agree with him about Gallas being an ego-maniac though!!!

Good post.

Anonymous said...

Funny read.

I think your mate was letting the drink talk. Of course Arsenal are in the title race whether he likes it or not.

Anonymous said...

If your top of the league with 10 games to go, I think you can safely say that you are in a title race.

Spurs.............

Do one.

Anonymous said...

Why do you hate Robbie Keane?

Is it because he's a whining little munster who claims that he lives in a big house but really lives with his nan in a caravan?

Is it?

Anonymous said...

i'd say we're in the race, mate. we'll spank manUSA for beating us in the FA cup and the ruskis for the carling last season.
i would go on further to say we could POTENTIALLY win the champs league! (bring on milan!)
that's essentially what the current team is all about, innit?!

Anonymous said...

Arsenal are no longer in the title race. The players that were doing it at the start of the season are no longer doing it. Gallas makes you look like a joke and considering his experience where the title is concerned he should be rallying his troops, not crying and throwing tantrums. I always thought he was treated badly at Chelsea, now I understand why Mourinho wanted rid of him.

You still have to go to Chelsea and Utd and their league form seems to be getting better all the time while yours is going downhill rapidly. Your star man Fabregas has gone missing in the last few games as have others showing they probably over performed at the start of the season. The way Bendtner was treated when he scored on Saturday shows all is not well within the Arsenal camp imho.

Anonymous said...

,,Who do u support Mabbs? It cant be Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal as u dont mention them as "us". So u must support a team who aren't REALLY in the title race, someone like Spurs I bet. The simple matter is that Arsenal can only throw the title away and I don't think that they will. If they get the result needed in Milan tomorrow then it will springboard this Arsenal team back into form. At the end of the day even if Arsenal don't win the league its not the end of the world as this Arsenal side will surely progress into Europes finest and there will be many more titles to play for.

Anonymous said...

,,Who do u support Mabbs? It cant be Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal as u dont mention them as "us". So u must support a team who aren't REALLY in the title race, someone like Spurs I bet. The simple matter is that Arsenal can only throw the title away and I don't think that they will. If they get the result needed in Milan tomorrow then it will springboard this Arsenal team back into form. At the end of the day even if Arsenal don't win the league its not the end of the world as this Arsenal side will surely progress into Europes finest and there will be many more titles to play for.

Anonymous said...

are Arsenal in the race??...YES...
it's stupid to suggest otherwise..

but will ye win it?? my honest opinion..NO..

just as ye lot had the momentum in 1997 i think it was when ye overturned Utd.. it's now Utd who has the momentum..

can't see ye getting a win at OT or Stamford bridge.. maybe a draw at Stamford Bridge but that would be about it..

and should that turn out to be the case...i'm afraid it will be another trophyless season for Arsenal coz i really cannot see ye overturning Milan tomoro...

the football purist in me really hopes i'm wrong coz some of the football played this season deserves a trophy.. but the Tottenham supporter in me hopes i'm right...

somehow i think it's the latter that will prevail..

COYS
BIOYC

Anonymous said...

What kind of piss stupid question is are we still in the title race? We're in FIRST with not many games to go and have easily one of the best squads around.

Will we win the league? I don't know, let's hope so (and I think we will deep down) but how can anybody think we might not be in the title race just because we had a couple of poor results recently? The title is Arsenal's to lose and nobody else's unless Arsenal hand it to them to take. That's what it emans to be in first place.

Christ I don't know why I even bothered posting, a waste of my life.

Anonymous said...

,,Anon 17:09. I think your find thats what Wrighty7 is posting. I think he cant believe that his mate doesn't accept Arsenal are in a title race and poses the question as a kind of joke. I think you have taken it the wrong way and your barking up the wrong tree. You shouldn't be having a pop at Wrighty7, have a pop at his dick head mate who Crazymandem correctly stated must have drunk thick as shit juice!

Anonymous said...

,,Anon 17:09. I think your find thats what Wrighty7 is posting. I think he cant believe that his mate doesn't accept Arsenal are in a title race and poses the question as a kind of joke. I think you have taken it the wrong way and your barking up the wrong tree. You shouldn't be having a pop at Wrighty7, have a pop at his dick head mate who Crazymandem correctly stated must have drunk thick as shit juice!

Anonymous said...

I support Spurs which has nothing to do with Arsenal being out of the title race.

Anyone that still thinks Arsenal are still in the race are nothing more than shit juice drinkers.

Harry Hotspur said...

Your lot will finish 2nd.

Anonymous said...

Gallas, what an inspiration!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article871628.ece

Anonymous said...

Arsenal are in the title race,

Mabbs do one you yid cunt,

C'mon you reds!!!

Anonymous said...

,,What a twat Mabbs is! Spuddy cunt.

Anonymous said...

Well in Harry...

kingkolo..could be a bit more articulate than that?? you're making Wrighty's blog look a bit Juvenile.. am i right Wrighty??

COYS
BIOYC

Anonymous said...

I'm not being difficult for the sake of it, most of my points are genuinely what I think!

If it makes you feel any better KingKong or KoKotheclown or whatever your name is, I think your boys will win 1-0 tonight.

Anonymous said...

hahahahah!!!!!

still think you are gonna win the league???? hahahahahaha!!! you wish you french cunts!!!!! hahahahaha

i know you are all gonna say 'but we are still in the CL etc etc' but u r never gonna win that so basically its season over!!! hahahahahaha

even your lame rivals the Spuds are gonna finish the season with more silverware than you!!!! hahahahahah

Fucking Genius!!!!!