Monday 31 March 2008

Sorry Arsene, Diaby's tackle was BAD

Arsene Wenger has rejected claims that Abou Diaby's tackle on Bolton's Gretar Steinsson was as bad as the one that broke Eduardo's leg.

I'm sorry Arsene but Diaby's tackle was bad and those challenges need to be wiped out of the game.

When you see the challenge in slow motion it looks a terrible attempt to get the ball. It seems Diaby hits the standing leg, the same as Eduardo's and luckily for Steinsson no real damage was done.

Having been the victim of a bad challenge from Sunderland's Dan Smith in May 2006, I'd have thought Diaby would know better.

That tackle kept Diaby out for nine months and having recently seen a team-mate ruled out for at least that amount of time, I would have expected better from him.

The pitch was wet and that made tackling harder to judge. But this wasn't a tackle, more a lunge and he 100% deserved the red card.

I only hope he learn's a lesson from this. And other footballer's learn the same. Some tackles being made lately are on the verge of assault and I'd have thought the injury to Eduardo would have a positive effect on lunges being wiped out. It hasn't.

Tackling is part of football, but we are seeing more bad tackling than good. I don't want to see red cards all the time but if ref's need to send people off to eliminate these challenges, I'm all for it.

Diaby will now miss three of our remaining six Premiership matches. I hope he reflects on his stupidity while watching his team-mates play.

Keep it Goonerish.......

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diaby is a useless fuckwit who I've always said is shit.

The FA should double his ban.

Anonymous said...

what insipid and trivial writing...

Anonymous said...

What does "insipid and trivial" writing mean?

Anonymous said...

By the way, agree with the article wrighty7!

Anonymous said...

bullshit article....wenger knows it was bad but hes got to stick by his players, it was a bad tackle, he admitted it and diaby will be told to take it easy, lets not make an issue of it!!

Anonymous said...

anon 00:00, I think Wrighty7 raises a good point here. The bad tackling has infected our game and we would be hypocrites to not see it was a bad challenge after what happened to dudu.

Anonymous said...

Wenger always sticks by his players, it called:LOYALTY! Have to say that there have been some awful tackles this season.

Anonymous said...

I agree with anon 00:00 to a certain extent. I would not say the article is bullshit though, it raises some valid points. I think wrighty and anon 00:00 should kiss and make up! Ha ha

Anonymous said...

I reckon wrighty7 should be in the newspapers. He is better than that woolnough bloke from the star

Anonymous said...

the tackle was bad. what wenger is saying was that it was not as high and that diaby was trying to sheild the ball (i think). What makes Taylor's tackle bad was that it was to send a message, get stuck in crap, Diaby just lost his mind nut there was no intent to me. Horrible tackle still!

Wrighty7 said...

I agree mate, no intent. Still a bad tackle all the same.

northbank said...

i do agree wrighty but the devil in me wouldnt be to upset if ronaldo had a little knock tonight!!!

Wrighty7 said...

Ha ha! Same here Northbank!

Anonymous said...

The Goons were well unlucky last night, Theo is really coming into his own.