Friday 14 March 2008

Is Rafael van der Vaart coming to Arsenal and Champions League draw is upon us!

Is Rafael van der Vaart set to become a Gunner in the summer?

Van der Vaart is a very gifted footballer with a very good left peg on him. He plays for Hamberg in Germany and he has performed at a high level all season which made clubs around all of Europe notice him.

He is young, only 25 and would have the technique to play for Arsenal. He has a contract until 2010 but has stated that this summer could be the time to leave Germany and start pastures new in a new country.

He cost only £3.5 million in 2005 and the fee for him now would be around the £15 million mark. He knocks in a few goals too, especially long range efforts, as Arsenal found out!

I think that he would be a good signing for Arsenal too add to the squad. Many speculate that Flamini is leaving but I don't see this happening. With Diarra gone, Van der Vaart would add quality and I've no doubt that Gilberto will be leaving in the summer so a space will need to be filled and Van der Vaart could be the man.

The Champions League draw is less than four hour's away now and I think it's very likely that at least two English clubs will face each other.

I really hope that Arsenal get a team from the continent. Not through fear of facing United, Chelsea or Liverpool. Far from it, in fact. I'd like a side from another country because thats what the competiton is all about.

Testing yourselves against sides from abroad and showing your talents on a wider scale. Thats what the Champions League is all about.

Although a clash with United would wet the pallet I'd much prefer Barcelona! I reckon that we will draw an English club and I bet that we get United as well!

Keep it Goonerish..........

No comments: